This deliciously spicy chicken has an exquisite taste if served with sweet peach or mango lassi!
preparation time: 15min
refrigerating time: 2 hrs
baking time: 40-50min
-2lb chicken thighs or breasts
- 1 small onion
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- a pinch of red hot chile or paprika
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- a pinch of turmeric
- 2 tbsp vegetable or corn oil
1. In a small bowl, combine ginger, 1 tbsp vegetable or corn oil, lime juice, crushed garlic, red hot chile or paprika. Mix well.
2. Spread the garlic mixture evenly onto the chicken.
3. Cover the chicken with a plastic wrap, refrigerate for 2 hours.
4. Preheat the oven to 400F.
5. Slice the onion.
6. Heat 1 tbsp vegetable or corn oil in a medium or small frying pan. Add the onion. Cook for 3 min until golden brown.
7. Add a pinch of turmeric to the onion. Cook for 1-2 more min.
8. Add 2 tbsp tomato paste, cream of chicken, and 1 tbsp lemon juice.
9. Mix well. Cook the mixture for 5 more min.
10. Grease an oven-proof casserole with 1 tsp oil. Add the chicken. Spread the tomato-onion mixture evenly onto the chicken. Bake for 40-50min.