Creamy, easy, and simply delicious pie that will leave you craving for more!
preparation time: 15 min
cooking time: 40-50 min
- 1lb small or medium shrimps
- 1 lb cod or bass fillet
- 5-6 large potatoes
- 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 1 Bay leave
- 2-3 tbsp butter
- salt and ground black pepper
1. Boil cold water in a medium saucepan on a medium-high heat.
2. Wash, peel, and cut the potatoes into quarters.
3. Add a pinch of salt to the boiling water and transfer the potatoes. Cook for 20-25min, until the potatoes become soft.
4. While the potatoes are boiling, heat 1 tbsp butter in a large frying pan on a medium-high heat. Wash the shrimps and transfer them onto the frying pan.
5. Wash and cut the fish fillet into small portions. Add those fish portions to the frying pan. Add 1/3 cups milk. Cook for 10-15 min.
6. Add 2 tbsp flour, 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 2 tsp lemon juice, a pinch of cayenne pepper, a pinch of dry parsley flakes, 1 Bay leave, and a pinch of ground black pepper. Mix everything well. Cook for 10 more min.
In the meantime, preheat the oven to 400F.
7. In the meantime, pour the water off from the potatoes. Add 1 tbsp butter and 1/3 cups warm milk (microwave the milk for 30 sec).
8. Mash the potatoes well.
9. Grease an oven-proof casserole with 1 tsp olive oil. Add the shrimps and the fillet as the first layer.
10. Add the mashed potatoes on top. Add 1-2 tsp butter on top of the potatoes.
11. Bake for 20 min. Serve hot!