Have you ever baked macaroni before? Well here is your chance! Not only this dish is supremely delicious, it is also very easy and quick to make!
preparation time: 10 min
cooking time: 10 min
baking time: 15-20 min
-1 pack macaroni (any type, color, or shape)
- 1 red pepper
- 200g ham
- 1 small onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 large can tomato paste (or 2 small ones)
- a pinch of dried oregano
- 2-4 tbsp dry white wine
- 100g shredded Cheddar cheese
- 5 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Bread crumbs
- salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp butter
1. Boil cold water in a medium-sized saucepan over medium-high heat. Preheat the oven to 400F.
2. Cut the pepper into thin slices.
3. Slice the onion, and crush the garlic.
4. Add 1 tsp olive oil and a pinch of salt to the boiling water. Add the macaroni. Boil them for 10 min.
5. Heat 1 tsp vegetable oil in a medium pan. Add onion and cook for 3 min until golden brown.
6. Add peppers and cook for 3 more min.
7. Add tomato paste.
8. In the meantime, cut the ham into thin slices.
9. Add the ham to the tomato paste. Add 2-4 tbsp dry white wine.
10. Season with dry oregano, a pinch of salt, and a pinch of ground black pepper.
11. After macaroni have cooked for 10 min, wash them with cold water.
12. Grease an oven-proof large pan with 1 tsp of oil and transfer the macaroni onto this pan. Add 1 tsp butter.
13. Add the tomato-ham paste to the macaroni. Mix well.
14. Add 100g shredded cheddar cheese.
15. Cover the pan with bread crumbs.
16. At last, add the Parmesan cheese as the top layer. Put the pan into the oven. Bake for 15-20 min. Serve hot.