Perfect Early Fall's Indulgence!
preparation time: 20 min
freezing time: 1 hr
- 3 tbsp Blueberry Preserves
- 1 pack of Fresh Blueberries (250g)
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 3 tbsp water
- 3 Egg Whites
- 1/3 cup granulated Sugar (plus 2 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp confectioners Sugar (to garnish)
1. Mix 3 tbsp of blueberry preserves with 1 tbsp lemon juice.
2. Wash fresh blueberries and put about 20 pieces aside (to garnish later).
3. Put the fresh blueberries in a blender and make a puree. Then add it with the blueberry preserves and mix it well together.
4. In a small saucepan, combine the water and sugar. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce the heat to medium and cook for about 8-10 min.
5. In the meantime, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until peaks form. Then add 2 tbsp of granulated sugar and beat it well.
6. Add the syrup to the egg whites from Step #4 (water and sugar) and beat it well together (it will be very sticky so continue beating the eggs while pouring the syrup).
7. Pour half of this syrup into blueberry puree, continue beating it, and then add the second half. Blend it for about 5 min until the puree looks soft and pale (pink).
8. Divide the puree into molds and put them in a freezer for 1 hr.
9. Take the molds out of the freezer, garnish them with blueberries and confectioners sugar and serve. If not serving them right away keep them in the fridge.