This light and creamy cheesecake will brighten up any dinner table. It is also suitable to serve for any type of celebration!
preparation time: 15-20 min
baking time: 50min-1hr
refrigerating time: 8-12 hrs (overnight)
- 1 pack (150-200g) Graham crackers
- 700-800g cream cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream (450g)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 100-150g butter
- 1 cups sugar
- 2 kiwi fruits
1. Preheat the oven to 400F. Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
2. Crush the crackers.
3. Add the crackers to the saucepan with melted butter. Add 1-2 tbsp sugar.
4. Mix them well.
5. Grease an oven-proof round casserole with 1 tsp corn or vegetable oil. Transfer the crackers to the casserole.
6. In the meantime, beat the cream cheese with 1/2 cups sugar with an electric mixer.
7. Add 4 eggs to a small bowl. Separate the egg yolks from egg whites.
8. Add egg yolks and 1 tsp Vanilla extract to the cream cheese mixture. Mix everything well with an electric mixer.
9. Beat the remaining egg whites with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
10. Fold the egg whites together with the cream cheese mixture. Transfer them onto the crackers as the second cake layer. Put the casserole into the oven and bake for 40-50 min until the cake rises and begins to brown.
11. In the meantime, beat the sour cream with the remaining 1/2 cups sugar.
12. Take the cake out of the oven after it has baked for 40-50 min, let it cool off for 10-15 min, and then add the sour cream mixture on top as the top layer. Put it the oven again for 10 min (with the sour cream layer).
13.Refrigerate the cheesecake for 8-12 hrs. Then peel off the skin and slice the kiwis.
14. Garnish the cheesecake with kiwi slices and serve!