Here is one of the many versions of this delicious dish. It will definitely keep you warm during long cold winter nights.
preparation time: 15 min
cooking time: 20-25 min
baking time: 20-25 min
- 5-6 large potatoes
- 2lb ground beef (chicken, lamb, or pork)
- 1 pack (250g) mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 250g sharp Cheddar Cheese (or any other cheese)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- salt and ground black pepper
1. Dice the onion, slice the mushrooms, and cut the potatoes into thin rectangular form.
2. Prepare 2 frying pans, add 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil on each pan, and heat them up on a medium-high heat. Add onions to the first frying pan and add the potatoes to the second.
3. When the onion starts to get golden brown add the mushrooms to this pan.
4. In the meantime, add a pinch of salt to the potatoes and mix them well. Cook the potatoes on the medium heat stirring constantly.
5. Add the ground beef to the mushrooms and the onion pan, and season it with salt and ground black pepper. Add 1/2 cup dry white wine. Cook for 20 min. In the meantime, preheat the oven to 350F.
6. Grate the cheese.
7. Grease a medium oven-proof pan with 1 tsp of olive oil and add half of the beef pan as the first layer.
8. Add the fried potatoes pan on top.
9. Add the rest of the fried beef dish.
10. Add 3 tbsp of mayonnaise on top and grease the whole top layer.
11. Add the grated cheese on top and put the pan in the oven for about 20-25 min.