Delicious and easy recipe that will satisfy every demanding vegetarian!
preparation time: 15 min
cooking time: 25 min
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 red peppers
- 1 pack firm Tofu cubes
- 1 pack 250-300g mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 2-3 tbsp peanut butter
- 2-3 tbsp low-fat sour cream
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp butter
- salt and ground black pepper
1. Slice the onion.
2. Slice the peppers.
3. Boil 1 3/4 cups water in a small saucepan. When water starts to boil add a pinch of salt and 1 tsp butter. Then add 1 cup white rice.
4. Mix the rice well.
5. Boil the rice for 10 min or until the water evaporates.
6. Heat 1 tsp vegetable oil on a large frying pan. Add Tofu and cook for 10-15 min until it gets golden brown.
7. Heat 1 tsp vegetable oil on a second medium frying pan. Add the onion. Cook for 3-5 min until golden brown.
8. Add the peppers onto the onion pan. Cook for 3 more min.
9. Wash and slice the mushrooms.
10. Add the mushrooms onto the onion and peppers pan and garnish them with a pinch of salt and ground black pepper. Cook for 5-10 min.
11. Transfer the mushrooms, peppers, and onion onto the Tofu pan. Mix everything well.
12. Add 1 small can of tomato paste onto the tofu, mushrooms and peppers pan.
12. Add 2-3 tbsp peanut butter.
13. Add the white rice.
14. Add 2-3 tbsp low-fat sour cream.
15. Mix everything well. Serve hot!