This is one of the most popular Russian soups that people enjoy from a very young to a very old. This soup is extremely healthful for the stomach and the digestive system. It is also particularly recommended for people with flu, common cold, or other seasonal illnesses.
preparation time: 15 min
cooking time: 2 hrs
- 2lb raw chicken breasts, thighs, etc
- 5-6 small potatoes
- 1 onion
- 2-3 carrots
- 100-150g spaghetti
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2-3 bay leaves
- salt and ground black pepper
1. Boil water in a large saucepan. Add chicken and boil for 1hr 30min. Whenever foam forms, take it off with a ladle (at least 4-5 times during the cooking process).
2. In the meantime, dice the onion, grate the carrots, and slice the potatoes into small cubes.
3. Add 1 tsp olive oil to a small frying pan, and cook the onion until golden brown.
4. Add the carrots and cook for 5 more min.
5. Take out the chicken. Add some water to the saucepan.
6. Separate the chicken meat from the bones and the skin with the help of a fork. Cut the meat with a knife into smaller bites. Add them back to the saucepan.
7. Transfer the fried onion, carrots, and potatoes to the saucepan. Break the spaghetti into 3 smaller sections and add them to the saucepan.
7. Add the bouillon cubes. Season the soup with salt and ground black pepper. Add the bay leaves. Cook for 30 more min. Serve hot.