preparation time: 50 min
baking time: 20-25 min
for the dough:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp instant yeast
- a pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
for the topping:
- 1-2 red bell peppers
- 1 can crashed tomatoes or 1 can thick & spicy tomato pizza sauce
- 10-15 pepperoni slices
- 225g mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cups parmesan cheese
1. Combine together flour, yeast, and salt in a large bowl. Mix them well.
2. Make a well in the center - add olive oil and water. Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface until it is smooth and solid.
3. Roll a ball from the dough and put it back into the large, clean, and slightly greased with oil bowl. Cover tightly with a plastic wrap and let it stand in a warm place until it doubles in size (about 30 min).
4. Put the dough on a slightly floured surface and roll it into a desired form (round or rectangular). Grease a baking form with a pinch of olive oil. Put the dough onto the baking form.
5. Open the tomato can and cover the dough with it leaving a thin strip of dough on each single side.
6. Slice the mozzarella cheese and the red pepper(s) into thin strips.
7. Decorate the dough with mozzarella slices.
8. Put the peppers and the pepperoni slices onto the dough.
9. Scatter the shredded cheddar cheese onto the pizza dough and sprinkle it with parmesan. Bake for 20-25 min. Serve hot!