Those delicious little fruit tarts will make any party a huge success!
preparation time: 10 min
cooking time: 10 min
- 12 frozen tart shells (found in most convenient stores' refrigerators)
- 1 1/3 cup Milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3 tbsp all-purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp corn or potato starch
- 1/2 tsp pure Vanilla extract
- fresh berries of any kind (strawberry, raspberry, blueberry and/or bananas, etc)
1. In a small saucepan, bring milk to a simmer over medium heat.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 egg yolks and 1 1/2 cups of sugar.
3. Add flour and starch to the egg mixture and mix them well.
4. Add the egg mixture to the milk in the saucepan and cook over medium-low heat until the mixture becomes smooth. (Whisking constantly for about 5 min.)
5. Preheat the oven to 300F. Put the unfrozen tart shells in the oven for about 5-10 min.
6. Add 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract to the creme mixture and whisk it.
7. Put the creme mixture onto the tart shells and decorate them with fruits.