For all of you 'Upper East Siders" out there, here's the original classic salad recipe named after the prestigious Hotel in NYC - Waldorf-Astoria.
preparation time: 10 min
refrigerating time: 1 hr
- 4 medium-sized Red Apples
- 4-6 Celery stalks
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 5 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 5 tbsp Walnuts
- Salt and ground black Pepper
1. Wash and cut the apples into small cubes.
2. Put the apple cubes into a medium-sized bowl and mix them with 2 tbsp lemon juice.
3. Slice the celery stalks.
4. Add the celery slices to the bowl, then add 5 tbsp mayonnaise. Mix everything.
5. Add the ground black pepper, salt, and walnuts. Mix everything well.
6. Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hr. Serve chilled.