This creamy soup is especially delightful in cold weather time or great as an appetizer before a main dish is served!
preparation time: 20 min
cooking time: 1 hr
- 1 large can plum tomatoes
- 2 cans chicken stock
- 5-6 large potatoes
- 1 small onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3-4 scallions, green part only
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 Bay leave
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2-3 cups boiled water
- salt and ground black
1. Slice the scallions (green parts only).
2. Grate the carrot.
3. Wash, peel, and cut the potatoes into small cubes.
4. Slice the onion.
5. Heat 1 tbsp of vegetable oil in a large saucepan on a medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook them for 3 min until they get golden brown.
6. Add the grated carrot and scallions, and cook for 5 more min.
7. Crush the garlic into the saucepan and cook for 3 more min stirring frequently.
8. Add 2 cans of chicken stock and the potatoes. Mix everything.
9. Add 1 can plum tomatoes. Mix everything well.
10. Stir in a pinch of ground black pepper, a pinch of salt, and 1 Bay leave. Mix everything.
11. Add 2-3 cups boiled water and cook on a medium-low heat for 40 min.
12. Let the soup cool off for 10-15 min and transfer it to a food blender.
13. Blend the soup in batches and transfer it back to a large saucepan. Serve hot. Good with sour cream.